Our good friends over at Girls Auto Clinic has some sure bet car tips for these cold and snowy times. We seem to be in for a super cold winter, so check out these tips below…
My city of Philly is getting slammed with a cold, cold, cold, snow storm tonight and tomorrow. Your favorite female mechanic in heels decided to give you some useful tips for you and your car to survive these north pole type temperatures and snow!
1. Stay in the house! – It is seriously cold and snowy so if you can avoid going out while it is snowing, do it
2. Warming up the car – I talked about this a few weeks ago in Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That. Basically, above 20 deg F you can get in and go (gently). Below 20 deg F warm up for 2-3 minutes.
3. Tire Air Pressure – Make sure you have the proper air pressure in your tires. This will help with traction and also if you are stuck in the snow.
4. Don’t get stuck in the snow – Keep a bag of salt or kitty liter, to help melt snow and a small shovel, to help dig out snow if any tires do get stuck.
5. Gas does not freeze – Unless you are having issues with moisture in your tank, gas does not freeze at lower temperatures. No need to insert any additives in your gas tank.
If you would like to learn more about car tips for the winter, please attend one of my monthly workshops (next one is Jan 19th) or schedule one for your group. Follow your favorite auto mechanic in heels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
Help Old School 100.3 Get To 50,000 Likes!